Tuesday, December 9, 2008


SILK NOG VS. EGG NOG:
THE SHOWDOWN
Every year, around this time, I start to feel really festive. The lights are hung outside, the tree is decorated, there are cookies in the cookie jar... Without fail, at some point, I break down and buy a carton off egg nog, only to have a small glass and let the rest of the nearly $5 carton go to waste, decomposing in the fridge until the last lights have come down in January! This year, I decided to give egg nog another shot and instantly remembered why I'm just not really a fan. The consistency is just too thick and the yellow color is an instant reminder that you are clogging your arteries with each sip. I tried adding spiced rum which helped water down the consistency, but I still wasn't impressed!
In the past few years, I've really grown to love soy milk. I've never really loved cow's milk anyway, so I actually kind of prefer the mild, somewhat nutty flavor. I have also learned that not all soy milks are created equal, and Silk is my favorite brand. While shopping last week, I came across Silk Nog, and I just had to try it. No eggs, no cream...how could they reproduce such a thing without the main ingredients? I'll tell you what, they can and they did!!! The consistency is thinner and the flavor is very similar to egg nog, but it just tastes lighter and so much more delicious! I would recommend to any egg nog fan, or even to those who are weary of the stuff...Try Silk Nog!!!! It tastes much better, in my opinion, and it's much better for you! For the perfect, no-fuss holiday drink, add spiced rum...
All will be merry and bright! Cheers!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

ive always said i didnt like egg nog but i dont think ive actually ever tried it - its always freaked me out!! but i think ill give this a shot!!