Monday, December 8, 2008

CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF MARCELLA'S...





Last night we went to Marcella's at Polaris for Maggie's last dinner in Columbus before she leaves for Las Vegas. It was a free-for-all ordering frenzy and we ended up stuffed to the unbutton-your-top-button extreme! Well worth it, though! We ordered lots of cheese, (taleggio being my absolute favorite, with the goat cheese and pecorino not far behind) and salami, several delicious pizzas (roasted eggplant with ricotta cheese was my favorite), chicken parmesan and meatballs. We couldn't let Maggie leave Columbus without ordering profiteroles for dessert one last time, so we all made sure to help her finish them! There isn't much I wouldn't do for the pistachio ones...they're that good!

Afterwards, Maggie and I went to my mom's to watch Deperate Housewives and we made our own version of lemon(y) martinis. I was inspired by Mitchell's Pinapple Ginger drink from Jamie's birthday dinner last week. We grated fresh giner and mixed vodka and pinapple juice together and shook with ice. We strained it into martini glasses and got a bit tipsy. We also tried another variation of fresh squeezed lemon with cheap, dry champagne and a whopping dollop of lemon sorbet all in a martini glass. I'm a lemon fan, so I could drink either one all night long...however, it only took me 2 1/2 to spill some on the carpet and pass out with my clothes from earlier still on!

Have a safe trip, Maggie! You will be greatly missed...but I promise to take you up on that vacation very soon! Go out to Vegas and blow it up girl!

Oh, the bittersweet goodbyes... Why do all the good girls move away???? ;(







1 comment:

Julie said...

oh my god, the one with champagne and lemon sorbet sounds to die for!!!!