Tuesday, December 16, 2008

PECAN CRUSTED PORK CHOPS WITH SMASHED POTATOES AND GREEN BEANS



I have never been a fan of pork chops...just the thought of them takes me back to my childhood, where they made their less than welcomed appearance quite frequently on the dinner table. Just in the past few years, I have discovered how great pork tenderloin can be. But, pork chops have always been overlooked on my shopping trips due to our somewhat dry past. That is, until last night...

Scanning the meat selection at Giant Eagle late last night I came across some "manager specials" (my favorite). Something in me couldn't pass up two packages of boneless pork chops that totaled just under $3. (Hey, times are tough...I'm trying to save some $$ for the holidays :)

For dinner, I coated each pork chop with Annie's Organic Honey Mustard and rolled them in crushed pecans. I simply baked them in the oven at 350 degrees, covered, for about 25 minutes and then uncovered for another 5 or so. I served it with smashed redskin potatoes and green beans. The pork chops were a hit with everyone and I even impressed myself! They were so juicy, not at all dry like I remembered. Paired with the crunchy sweetness of the pecans and honey mustard flavor, I still can't believe how delicious yet simple this recipe was! This is an easy, go-to recipe that I will definitely use again when I come across another deal on the "other white meat".

No comments: