Thursday, December 18, 2008

Happy Ever After?

I haven't written anything in a really long time, the words always seem to get stuck at the end of my fingertips and never quite make it onto the page. The brief moments when the words do come easy, I'm lucky to have a pen handy to capture them... Tonight was one of those rare nights...

no matter how I try
I just can’t walk away
as crazy as it is
I can’t commit to stay
hiding from the truth
I project it all on you
try to numb the pain
it’s the easy thing to do
can’t look myself in the mirror
for fear of what I’ll see
stuck somewhere in between
where I’ve been and where I want to be

the years will pass on by
and where will that leave me
naked in the dark
grasping for a dream
the question of tomorrow
is killing me today
and happy ever after
seems so far away

the harder that I try
the more you push away
and just when I’m about to leave
you beg me to please stay
with twisted hearts and tangled limbs
we reconcile once again
not knowing in our hearts
how this story’s going to end
so I’ll take a leap of faith
if you’ll jump with me
not sure where we are headed
we’ll have to wait and see

the years will pass on by
and where will that leave me
contentment in my heart
living out my dream
the promise of tomorrow
is thrilling me today
and happy ever after
doesn’t seem so far away

1 comment:

Julie said...

Christa, this is beautiful!!!