Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"I'VE GOT MYSELF A NEW MOTTO. IT SAYS, DON'T FORGET TO HAVE A GOOD TIME!"

I hate to admit, but it's been a quite a few years since Ani has come out with new material that I am absolutely in love with. Don't get me wrong, there are a few off the last albums that I listened to quite a bit and liked, but I wouldn't say I've fallen madly in love with anything in a while... that is, until now!

Red Letter Year has its ups and downs. Again, not an album you would continually listen to straight through, but each song is unique and worth at least a listen. Several songs, including Present/Infant, are somehow related to being a mom or having a baby. It means so much to me to hear my favorite artist put into words some of the feelings I have experienced as a mother myself . She is such a wordsmith!!! I have played #3 so many times, my own son has even told me, "nuff mom!" This one is so great, I have to share some of the lyrics with you...

"lately i've been glaring in the mirrors

picking myself apart

you'd think at my age i'd have thought of something better to do

than make insecurity into a full-time job

make insecurity into an art"

and...

"don't let the sellers of stuff

power enough

to rob you of your grace

love is all over the place"

Way Tight, song #5, is another favorite! I love the music and the lyrics so much on this one...it's just real life! Landing Gear, song #10, is also another great one about awaiting the birth of her baby. I suggest checking out Ani's website http://www.righteousbabe.com/ and you can preview each song and read the lyrics! It's a c.d. worth buying, in my opinion...it'll get plenty of play time, even if you do skip a few from time to time!

1 comment:

Julie said...

love this post...i still need to get that cd!! brandon will love the switch to ani from t.i.! haha!