Monday, January 26, 2009

THIS KID CONTINUES TO IMPRESS
THE CRAP OUT OF ME!!
For Christmas, we were given a Nintendo Wii. This is interactive gaming of the future!! I think it is really cool for almost every age. (I just got knocked out in boxing by my 2-year-old)! Even older people could get into this type of game system because there aren't a million buttons and it causes you to get off of the couch and move around a little bit! After playing the first day that we got it, my arms were literally sore!! Some of my favorites include target shooting, bowling (I'm a superstar at the white trash sports :), tennis, cow racing & American Idol (yes, with the mic and all... just picture it ;)!!! There are also less "active" games such as picking out people that look alike (my son's favorite game) and air hockey, but you still have to be in front of the t.v. pointing your remote at it! Just like anything, moderation is key, but I'm beginning to think that the benefits of sharpening your hand-eye coordination outweigh the notion that "video games rot your brain"! Plus, some games allow up to four people to play at the same time, which makes it even more fun!!
Ben loves to find the look-alikes and the target shooting game. Since it tracks and saves your progress, we can actually see how much he improves on a daily basis...which is quite a bit!! He's actually been able to beat me in a few different games (and I wasn't letting him win either)! I'm interested in trying the Wii Fit, but I'm not sure if it would be too stationary or not. I would recommend this gaming system to anyone who has a family or entertains frequently, as it definitely keeps everyone involved, somewhat active...AND OFF OF THE COUCH!!!!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

My grama bought it for my grandad for xmas since he can't play tennis anymore! I've never played it - sounds fun though!

Christa said...

The tennis is pretty realistic as far as the range of motion that you use to hit the ball...It's pretty difficult to play!! I think it would be interesting to see 4 people play doubles on that one!!