Monday, January 19, 2009


HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO...

PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!

I have to admit, I was kind of born into being a Steelers fan. Most of my family is from Steubenville, Ohio and it borders Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh is a mere 25 minutes away! Needless to say, you don't see many Browns colors around that town!! I have been cheering on the Steelers for as long as I can remember with my dad and brother when I was a little kid and it has continued on throughout my adult life. I will say that the past two years, I have not been the dedicated fan I once was. Maybe having a rambunctious two-year-old has something to do with it, but whatever the reason, my heart hasn't really been into it. Mike teases me that I can't even name more than three players (which is untrue, but I probably can't name more than five). Fast forward to last night's Championship game against the Baltimore Ravens! Mom took Benny for the night and Mike and I celebrated his 31st birthday betting $500 on the Steelers in Vegas. The spread was six points and at the very last minute, we pulled through a victory! (Pittsburgh was already going to win, but the spread wasn't over six points until the very end of the game)! I'm sure the $500 wager upped the excitement, but part of me had forgotten how fun it was to watch the games and really get into them. I'm an Ohio State fan as well, but my support for them has also fallen to the wayside a little since we've added a new addition to our own "home team". Contrary to most chicks, I actually know the rules to the game quite well and can accurately explain what is going on down on the field due to the fact that I grew up with my brother playing football. I'm kinda sad that my new found "team player" spirit will only be exercised one last time this season...but it couldn't be a better game for me to get back on board with! The Arizona Cardinals have a lot of heart and it will be a tough game if Pittsburgh doesn't play like they mean it! I'm no bandwagon fan, it's in my blood...

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO. PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!! AGAIN!!

1 comment:

Anita said...

Gooooooooo Steelers All the Way!!!!