Saturday, May 9, 2009

Gathering Ideas...Creative Container Gardening

I have spent the last two days outdoors, preparing my flower beds and vegetable garden, weeding, sowing seeds and planning for the "planting" weekend!
I could sit here all afternoon...

Since it's Mother's Day this weekend, I'm preparing a picnic lunch (mom's bringing the wine ;) and we are going to a nearby park to celebrate! Afterwards, we are going to a nursery to pick out lots of flowers and plants. On more than one occasion last spring and summer, we had a great time shopping for flowers, so we decided to make a day of it! Love the mix of potted plants and fresh-cut flowers at Outdoorubanite.com

I'm hoping I will be able to twist her arm into a little flea market/garage sale shopping as well! I have a bunch of terra cotta pots in various sizes, but I am currently obsessed with finding interesting pots and containers to plant in.
I think I like something like this???

No matter what I come up with, I promise it won't look like this... ;)

1 comment:

Julie said...

love this post! hope you guys have a great day!!