Sunday, May 10, 2009

...Continued From Last NightTwo recipes you must try...
Sweet potato salad with orange-maple dressing, a delicious and healthier alternative that is perfect for a picnic or potluck! Check out the recipe here. Per some of the other reader's comments, I cut the salad recipe in 1/2 and still made the full amount of dressing, plus added a little more ginger, lemon and orange zest. This was a hit!!
I could eat this chicken, walnut and red grape salad with curry every day of the week!! My entire (adult) life, I've been striving to make chicken salad that somewhat resembles Lola's, my mom's old friend, who owns a restaurant downtown called Cafe Lola. This wasn't it exactly, but I'm getting much warmer!! My mom just told me that she marinates the chicken overnight in milk...good trick to know!! Coconut milk would maybe be even better?? Check out the recipe here.

No comments: